Friday, April 6, 2007

Insanity

I have noticed that when crises occur, they seem to somehow come in waves.

Our kitchen flooded 2 weeks ago, the flooring and subflooring were ruined and I'm dealing with the insurance company, contractors, etc and our kitchen is pretty unusable.

I already mentioned in a previous entry about my dad. He's still in the hospital. He's developed an infection and is still getting transfusions because his hemoglobin keeps dropping and no one is sure why.

My 93 year old grandmother developed pneumonia earlier this week and now her lungs are collapsing and her heart is in failure, and she is being released to hospice. The doctor thinks she'll only live a day or two longer.

Oh and yeah..we are supposed to be leaving Wednesday for a 14 hour drive from GA to WI.

And I think J has another ear infection brewing. Can someone cut me some slack, please?! :(

At this point I'm very glad I scheduled 2 spring break for the kids...at least with everything else going on, I don't have to worry about lessons next week.

Today we are heading to the vet school open house, and I am really looking forward to some lighthearted fun...like the dancing dogs show!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

it does seem to come in waves doesn't it...hang in there as best as you can...i hear things really do eventually start to get better :)

Unknown said...

Oh, Kathy. :( We are thinking of you...